“It is not enough to use the media simply to spread the Christian message and the Church’s authentic teaching. It is also necessary to integrate that message into the ‘new culture’ created by modern communications,” -Pope Benedict XVI
By examining the gifts given to me by God, I continue to use my knowledge and interest in IT to serve my Order, teach others how to engage in modern technology, and use the medium to spread the Gospel message.
As the “tech-savvy” friar, my on-going desire is to bridge the worlds of spirituality and technology. Some of these tasks are:
- Educating and assisting Professional Religious with computer-related issues
- Providing Web solutions for ministries and the needs of my Order
- Exploring social mediums to spread the Gospel
- Continuing education in Computer Science, Theology, and Philosophy
- Analyzing ideas of trust, relationships, faith, and spirituality in our technological culture
- Understanding the presence of the Spirit in aspects of modern culture, including music, art, and economics.
As I continue to journey as a friar, my goal is to be an instrument of God’s love and a resource for the Church as we venture into the “digital continent.”